Tuesday 23 October 2012

4 What has been inspiring me today: Ben Howard.

Afternoon pals.

I'm the type of girl who will always be woo'ed by an acoustic guitar. I'm pretty sure most girls are, really. This doesn't mean that when Kanye is played on a night out I'm sat in a corner drinking a healthy glass of Merlot thinking, "I wish I was at home in a candlelit room listening to Damien Rice." No. I will most likely be in the middle of the dancefloor, waving my tequila in the air pretending to be Kim Kardashian. 

BUT. Kim, Kanye and tequila aside, there's very little better than chilling with some folk music and my discovery of 2012 has been Ben Howard. I'll admit, I'm slightly late on the uptake - Howard's album was recorded in 2011 and various singles released since then but I got there finally and I'm absolutely loving 'Every Kingdom'.

The sound is a bit Ed Sheerany but with better lyrics (I'll never forgive him for the "crumbling like pastry" line). The melodies are brilliant, his voice is beautiful and so is his face. 

'Old Pine' and 'Keep Your Head Up' are a perfect soundtrack for autumn walks. 

So for this, I have to say thank you to my boyfriend for introducing me to Ben and I can't wait for anything else he has to do!



Have a listen yourself and let me know what you think!

What I have noticed, however, is that he sounds uncannily like Tracy Chapman!

Love xx

4 comments:

  1. Found your blog through you following me on twitter, the bit about you on the dance floor like Kim K made me laugh out loud! I can relate to that. I want to follow but can't find a follow button. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks! :)
      The blog is still under construction (being a new an' allll!!) so I will let you know when the follow buttons are up. Your blog is so beautiful! xxxx

      Delete

 

THE TEAPOT BLOG Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates